Managing Workplace NegativityeBook - 2001
"The symptoms: increased customer complaints, high turnover, low quality of work, increased absences, loss of morale and motivation, lack of creativity and innovation, loss of loyalty to the organization.
The diagnosis: workplace negativity.
The cure: Managing Workplace Negativity.
Workplace negativity may seem like an intangible problem--but it has very tangible consequences for the companies it afflicts. In fact, the Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that U.S. companies lose $3 billion a year to the effects of negative attitudes and behaviors at work.
Managing Workplace Negativity gives managers, team leaders, trainers, and other human resources professionals much-needed help in treating the negativity bug. It will help readers:
* Identify the 14 types of negative individuals, from the ""not-my-jobber"" to the ""rumor monger""
* Confront their own negativity
* Recognize negativity ""trigger points""
* Overcome entrenched, ongoing negativity
* Deal with group or company-wide negativity problems
* Create a positive environment that enhances morale and productivity."